Old February 1st 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Peter Lemken

Default naming names - DX lids

Wes Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:58:55 -0500, N1KI wrote:

I am not sure if this is appropriate under this subject, but it may
help explain what is going on. A few weeks ago I spent an evening
when 80 meters was open to Europe listening around the lower CW
portion of the band. Several stations were CQ'ing with no callers,
but they would have an instant pile up shortly after I "spotted" them
on the clusters. I suspect many of these had called before ever
hearing the DX station.

So stop spotting them. If there were no spots, folks would actually
have to listen and find the DX. And the DX would actually have to
give out their calls and announce where they are listening more
frequently, which would be refreshing.

Instead, we have a contest "who spots first and does so ith the most precise
QSX information at the time of the QSO".

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--