Old February 2nd 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Joe S.

Default Mobile antenna mount

I recently installed a Yaesu FT-857D on my truck. I installed two
antennas -- ATAS-120 for HF and 6, dual-bander for VHF/UHF.

I used the stake hole mount from GeoTools -- this is one slick antenna
mount. If you're looking for a no-holes mount and don't like the trunk-lip
mounts, check it out. I mounted my antennas in the rear stake holes. I use
my truck as a work truck and, so far, the antennas have not interfered with
hauling. If they do, it's a simple matter of unscrewing the antenna,
screwing a protective cap onto the mount threads, and hauling away.

No, I am not getting a commission from GeoTools -- it worked for me and may
work for someone else.

http://www.geotool.com/antmount.htm