Old February 2nd 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Fred W4JLE

Default Double Super Hetrodyne what does this do in a CB Radio ?

A funny story, Years ago I used to work on HAM equipment and ran a small
shop out of my basement. One day a CBer showed up with a Browning radio.
After repairing the fault, I noticed a design flaw. A capacitor across the
B+ was on the wrong side of the transmit relay.

It allowed sufficient B+ to keep the transmitter alive when the unit went to
receive and caused a feedback "ping".

I corrected the default in design and returned the radio to the owner. He
came back mad as a wet hen because his "Browning Ping" was gone. Being the
curmudgeon I am, I put in a LARGE cap extending the ping to nearly a second.
I thought that would really **** him off. Sad to say I had a wave of CBers
wanting me to fix their pings like the first guy.

"- exray -" wrote in message
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:
We're 10-8 and on the side bubba 10-4? beep. Gotcha comin on. Beep.

I really don't know this lingo...I'm reading it off the side of a 1970s

-Bill