Old July 4th 03, 06:52 PM
Larry Johnson

Default RSGB - 1 year subscription for £1.05

I guess I just wasted an 80 cent overseas airmail stamp, etc. since I
didn't use a "photocopy of the original" page. I'll be vacationing in
London and Blackpool this Summer, so maybe I'll look for an original
magazine while I'm there.

Larry K7LJ

Walt Davidson wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:43:52 +1000, "Axle Jack"
wrote:

I don't live in the UK, so emailed to ask. They will accept overseas
applications, no extra charge.

I have removed the scanned copy from my website, as they have now
(surprise, surprise!) announced that they will not accept scanned
images of the application form, nor applications by email, nor online
applications.

On 4 Jul 2003, the RSGB Website posted the following notice:

http://www.rsgb.org/shop/acatalog/RS...iea_Offer.html

[Yes, it's "Guniea" (sic)]

"During the month of July (only) the RSGB has introduced a new "member
to new member" scheme. ... To take advantage of the offer you will
need to complete the form on page 69 of July RadCom. We only accept
original RadCom pages or direct photocopies of the page (should you
not wish to damage the RadCom or if you are making multiple
applications) but we do not accept scans of the page (for example).
Applications are only accepted by post and should then be mailed
direct to the RSGB with the appropriate payment. Unfortunately due to
the nature of the offer we cannot accept e-mail or online
subscriptions"

So, do they want new members .... or don't they????

A mystery.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @freeuk.com