Old February 3rd 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WJ-8716 review - initial impressions

What kind of acid bath stuff did you dip the corrosion part of the radio
into? You didn't dip the whole radio in there,did you? I once found a
can of CRC-222 in a scrap metal/junk yard.The spray can only had a
little bit of CRC-222 stuff in the can.That CRC-222 was amazing at
getting rid of battery corrosion.I can't find it in any of the stores
around here,I even checked with the industrial supply stores around
here,they dont sell it.I have a tube of stuff here that is suppose to be
good at preventing corossion.It says on the tube,CONTAX.Blackburn 1525
Woodson Road St.Louis,Missouri.OXI E.Inhibiting Compound.Protects all
electrical connections.Cat No CTB.Instructions.Wire brush the bare
connector or abrade with emery cloth.This may be done through a coating
of Contax or immediately before applying Contax.Apply a liberal coating
of Contax to both the cleanest connector and contactor and surfaces of
the contactor.Insert conductors into connector and secure per
manufacturer's instructions.Wipe off any ecess Contax compound.CAUTION:
Do not abrade plated surfaces of connectors.

I guess it's good stuff,I found it in a scrap metal/junk yard about
twenty years ago.
cuhulin