Old February 3rd 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Jeff Maass

Default Anyone work the 160 contest?

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jeff Maass" wrote in message
. ..

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
nk.net...
Conditions were quite good here in Alabama. Heard and worked KH7X in

Hawaii
and heard but didn't work KL7RA in Alaska on Grayline.

Dan/W4NTI

Dan:

I was in he contest. Conditions were good but noisy at my
location. I didn't achieve my planned goals.

The important questions is "Did you work PJ2T?"

73, Jeff K8ND

Sure did.

Dan/W4NTI

"Thank you for your support".

;-)

Operating a 160 meter contest from 12 degrees North of the equator is a
challenge, and tolerance for noise is a must! There were storms in the area
during the contest weekend, although things were much quieter the week
before.

From Signal Point in Curacao (PJ2T), I worked 1128 QSOs, 59 State+Prov,
and 57 DXCC countries. 1.3 million points claimed. Currently, it's the #2
claimed score (after VY2ZM).

WAS and WAC first night, but the coutnry total was down 23 below my goals.
QSO total was down 300 from my goal.

Station: Signal Point, Curacao (www.pj2t.org)
Station Equipment:
Transceiver: FT-1000MP
Amplifier: Cary LK-800 (2 x 3CX800A7)
(Backup station FT-1000MP & Alpha 76CA)

TX Ant:
Inv-L (50-feet vertical, sloping up to 95-feet,
~60 radials)

RX Ant:
1000-foot Beverage (Europe)
650-foot Beverage (USA/JA)