Old February 3rd 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Questions to a (fairly) new newbie

Hello,

I used to "mess" around with Shortwave during my younger years. I made
a couple of crystal radios and picked up signals and such.

I am wanting to develope a more mature hobby. I need information as to
the best entry level equipment, current interferance woes, maybe wiring
diagrams for receivers and information on gianing a license.

I have really become disheartened by all the garbage on the radio and
satelite radio doesnt really attract me anymore and have a bit of
nostalgia hearing transmitions from around the world in the monourial,
tubed, warmth.

Anyways, let me know all the information you have.

Thanks!

Philip W. Wise