Old February 3rd 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Gortons and Whaling

http://www.lookaboutusa.com/ wrote:
At
http://www.aussieseek.com

Gortons and Whaling
by Greenpeace 4:40pm Fri Feb 3 '06 (Modified on 7:19pm Fri Feb 3 '06)
article#64873

Greenpeace, along with Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA)

You should note that the EIA is not a governmental agency despite it's
official sounding name.

and the
Humane Society, revealed the link between the whaling in the Southern
Ocean and Gortons.

Don't tell me that Gortons has been passing whale meat off as fish
sticks all these years.

We revealed that the Japanese parent company that
wholly owns Gortons, Nippon Suissan, also partly owns the whaling fleet
whose boats depart every year to hunt whales in Antarctica.

So what - It is quite common for corporations to own related
businesses.

Gortons and Whaling Today

This year the Japanese whaling fleet plans to take 935 Minke whales and
50 each of the endangered fin and humpback whales. Greenpeace is
opposed to this senseless slaughter and is asking Gortons and Nissui to
use their influence over the whaling fleet to end the hunting.
What links Gortons and Whaling?

OK, they are going to take whales this year - so what. The american
fishing industry takes huge amounts of fish also - I'm not sure I see
the problem.

Remainder snipped.