Old November 5th 04, 02:01 AM
manuka

Although a ham since 1967, I'm having my arm twisted to rustle up
something similar for (legal) data channels on licence free UHF CB
radio. Here in NZ, & no doubt globally, these PRS/FRS ~470MHz 2 way
radios are insanely cheap, ( US$30) yet have great range -managed an
easy link across 6 miles of harbour with a pair. I'm calling the quest
"KISS & tel" - for simple wireless telemetry - & will probably go for
AFSK (Audio Freq Shift Keying).

Instead of Basic Stamps,we'll be using the powerful PICAXE micros,
since they've achieved near cult status downunder & are ~ 1/10th the
same BS price.
See the likes of = www.picaxe.orcon.net.nz or = www.picaxe.com

Stan - ZL2AJZ