Old September 24th 03, 09:10 PM
Roy Lewallen

In that case, I have yet another caution. A tupperware container will
become brittle from exposure to the sun, and crack. How long this takes
depends on the intensity of the sun. Here in Oregon's Willamette Valley,
it'll last a couple of years or so. I'll bet one wouldn't last six
months in Denver.

I'm right now in the process of accumulating parts to rebuild my antenna
switch box, formerly housed in plastic containers, into an ammo box.

You might be able to seal the cable end adequately with RTV. I'll bet
some of the folks who've used Belden 9913 (similar construction to
RG-62) have some suggestions. It's been discussed from time to time on
this newsgroup, so a google search on 9913 in this group would bring you
more information.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Ken wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:

Should work fine, as long as you can keep the water out of it. People
using larger coax with similar construction have reported it to be near
impossible to keep water out. And if water gets in, the loss will go
_way_ up.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Thanks Roy, I planned on using a small tupperware container at the antenna
end.