Old February 4th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Terry

Default How old are you?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just a question that has been rattling around in the gourd. What age
group are B/A enthusiast-type folks here on the Net?

Occasional browser here at B/A.
Was 11 when W.W.II ended. Got interested in 'electricity' at 12, while
living in an all-gas house in NW United Kingdom.
My Elmer was an uncle who gave me war surplus stuff, some of which I still
have.
Built first radio at age 13, completed after dropping a glass 6K7 that cost
me several weeks pocket money! :-(
Then got interested in war surplus 'Command Rxs', admiring, as I still do,
their practical and neat construction.
Learnt a lot, then spent 40 years in telecommunications industry in Uk and
Canada. Retired from that in 1992 and spent 12 years in the catering
business. Finally retired in 2004 again tinkering with electronics. Took
'transistor' course at local college of technology in 2005 scoring 80%+, so
grey cells in this gourd still active; I think! Age 72 in a few week.
Warm regards to all who post. Terry