Old February 5th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner.uk,rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

Default Alinco DJ-X3 antenna

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 23:36:00 -0000, "Seventhson"
wrote:

I'm looking for a better antenna for my dj-x3 to be able to receive signals
better. It would preferably have to cover the whole range of the X3
(0.1-1300MHz)

Aside from advertising hype, there's no such thing. Or, rather,
anything that conducts electricity will act as an antenna, but it will
only act as a good antenna over a relatively small range of
frequencies. (Even a multi-band antenna only works well over a small
percentage of the range you posted.)

I would also like to be able to use it in the car

Remember that, to have any efficiency at all, an antenna has to
reasonably approach 1/4 wavelength of the frequency it's receiving.
(Even 0.1 wavelength will give you some reception.) At 0.1 MHz,
you're talking about a wavelength of 9,835 feet, so the shortest
antenna that has any hope of working is going to be almost 100 feet
long - hardly something you can use on a car.