Old February 5th 06, 07:23 AM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Question callsigns in ham conversations

Sometimes I listen to ham radio conversations and take notes on what is being discussed. (Most of my HF listening is of international shortwave broadcasts.)Two recent conversations I've heard have been about shipping companies (fedex, ups, dhl, etc).

Hams often mention their callsigns, but I unfortunately don't hear them clearly enough. The main reason I'm interested in callsigns is if I hear someone say something interesting, and I want to look for their email address to write to them about it.

Lately I use my Sony ICF SW7600GR for ssb reception. I can clarify the signal quite well, but the noise level affects the clarity.

Are there any others in this newsgroup that are strictly listeners? What have your experiences been like?
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/