Old February 5th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
pltrgyst

Default How old are you?

On 4 Feb 2006 18:57:22 -0800, "Litzendraht" wrote:

pltrgyst wrote:
general 1960 (13), FCC first with CW endorsement 1961.

Larry, that's quite an accomplishment. Exams in those days were
taken in person at an FCC field office. No answers were published. You
were strickly on your own. And the First Class ticket was really
something to be proud of.

Thanks, but it didn't seem like a big deal. Several of my friends did the same
thing -- we had the two very active local clubs I mentioned, and the FCC testing
office in NYC was only 45 minutes away by train on our frequent shopping
expeditions.

The first did come in handy years later when I was working for RCA and they had
their big strike, and hundreds of us non-radio/tv station employees filled in.
8 Other than that, I never used it for employment.

I don't miss the redundancy of short QSOs, but I did love cw.

-- Larry