Old February 5th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Litzendraht

Default How old are you?

pltrgyst wrote:
On 4 Feb 2006 18:57:22 -0800, "Litzendraht" wrote:

pltrgyst wrote:
general 1960 (13), FCC first with CW endorsement 1961.

Larry, that's quite an accomplishment. Exams in those days were
taken in person at an FCC field office. No answers were published. You
were strickly on your own. And the First Class ticket was really
something to be proud of.

Thanks, but it didn't seem like a big deal. Several of my friends did the same
thing -- we had the two very active local clubs I mentioned, and the FCC testing
office in NYC was only 45 minutes away by train on our frequent shopping
expeditions.
Other than that, I never used it for employment.

I really wasn't referring to the 1st class ticket as an aid to
employment (although it was a viaible credit in those days). I'm just
saying that you should have been as proud as a peacock when you left
the FCC office. And I'm sure you were!

I can't even relate my elation at passing the General in 1956 when I
was still 11. And the examiner even complimented me on my code ability.
"Son, where did you learn the code?."

"Well, I've been a Novice almost a year now and I've had plenty of
practice."

John