Old November 29th 04, 02:28 AM
DxxxxxBxx

Sorry, no help here about APRS south of the border (it works fine here
in Kansas, however).

This trip sounds like a blast. Sorry for all the questions, but this
is something I've always thought would be fun. It this personal
recreation or some type of adventure? Is it safe to drive all that
way? What type of clearances (passport, licenses, etc.) do you need?
What type of vehicle will you be driving?

On 28 Nov 2004 15:18:39 -0800, (David
Auletta) wrote:

In a few weeks I'm going to drive from San Diego to Brazil along the
pacific coasts of Mexico, Central and South America then around
Santiago Chile driving across Argentina to Uruguay and up through the
south of Brazil. I was wondering if a APRS system reporting to nets or
a sattlites would be viable along this route? Are there maps or
internet sites where I could verify that? I never used packet or APRS
before.Thanks!
Dave KB2RVJ
San Diego, CA USA

Spammers, please send email to: