Old February 5th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
purple_stars

Default callsigns in ham conversations

Are there any others in this newsgroup that are strictly listeners?
What have your experiences been like?

i am for the moment. i'm still studying for my morse code test but my
rig is hooked up, so of course i'm going to get some kind of use out of
it! i sit and listen to morse code down around 3.5mhz, and also up in
the 7mhz range where i can find it, trying to decipher other peoples
conversations. i also try to catch peoples callsigns so that i can
look them up and see how good my reception is, how far away i can catch
a signal. it's fun ... would be more fun if i was able to perceive cw
at 30wpm as being more than a string of random beeping sounds hahaha.
the only reason i know it's 30wpm+ is because i've been using G4FON
software to learn in the evenings.