Old February 5th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Bob Bob

Default Can't run TCP/IP through AX.25 using Linux

I wonder if slug has an issue with dashes in the hardware address?
Either that or it is smart enough to notice the first 5 chars of the
hardware address are the same source dest. As you say though it isnt
working! Looks like you are getting closer!

Okay on the 50:50 half duplex timing of the boxes. That seems kind of a
strange way to do it. Would have expected the manufacturer to use
dynamic b/w allocation. I had a quick look at SLIP/CSLIP but didnt
really establish how effective it was on HDX. I assume that ppp is
unusable because of the backgound handshaking that goes on (ipcp etc)?
Is it that or timeouts and retries at the IP layer?

Tnxs for the info on your purchase. I dont want to spend lots of dollars
on my attempt. Would rather invest in 2nd hand than new equipment. The
MIL is using dial-up at the moment so it isnt exactly urgent. I have a
mind to use one of the scrap microwave radios from work but they start
at 2.4GHz. (We manufacture data equip up to 12GHz and DS1 through E3) My
path actually looks a lot better than yours though!

Cheers Bob

wrote:

Hi again,

I did some tcpdump and it definitly looks like an ARP problem.