Old February 6th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default REPORT: Voice of Justice (Iran) at 0130 on 6120

I haven't used my rig for several months so I had to fix a slipped
connection in the antenna. Finally tuned in at 0134 to hear Quran
readings and/or prayers. Then OM talking. Frustratingly, the discussion
was just below the audibility threshold; I could make out a voice and
occasional interlude music, but I couldn't actually understand what he
was saying. Freq was very noisy. Using USB produced a loud whistle that
could not be attenuated; using LSB eventually produced a clean signal,
but still not understandable. AM wide was very staticky. AM narrow
revealed some sort of data tx making it impossible to make out the
signal. Unfortunately, this one was a wash tonight, and normally the
local news in my area comes on at this time, making it inconvenient
(today was Super Bowl Sunday, therefore no news). I live in Sacramento,
California.