Old February 7th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default LF Engineering H-800 antenna

The LF looks like an amplified whip. I seriously doubt it would be in
the Wellbrook league. Those amplified whip are really noisy, especially
at lower frequencies.

Maybe in the Mojave you can get away with an amplified whip.

Mark S. Holden wrote:
KA6UUP wrote:
Check with them on this.
I contacted both LF Eng. and Grove about this shortly after the LF 900
came out and they agreed to provide a BNC connector as an extra cost
option.
73,
Chuck

I'm not in the market for one now, but I'll keep it in mind for the
future.

At the time I bought the 800, it was second only to the Wellbrook for
active antennas. The 900 might surpass it.

Mark S. Holden wrote:

Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer the option of having bnc
connectors instead of a permanently attached cable between the antenna
and the coupler.

LF Engineering offered this on the h-800 for another $20 or so, and I
thought it was a good idea.

I used to use an H-800 for my portable setup, and it was a nice
antenna, but using it as a portable meant the coax was stressed where
it enters the probe.