Old February 7th 06, 04:12 AM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Lector
Three times to listen for a Ham callsign
At the beginning of a contact
Hams must Identify every 10 minutes
Hams must give their callsign when signing off
Ah, that's good to know. Most hams I've heard seem to ignore the "identify every 10 minutes" part though! I'll chalk that up to not noticing the passage of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Lector
Once you have the callsign - go to QRZ.com URL:
http://www.qrz.com/
Enter callsign and in the results look for their e-mail address
It's given in jpeg to avoid the spiders from harvesting - so write it down
and compose a new e-mail
Spiffy, thanks for that URL and the jargon link as well.
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/