Old February 7th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default LF Engineering H-800 antenna

In article . com,
wrote:

An excellent question. I wish I had an excellent answer. I don't know
why the H-800 is so quiet. I just go with whatever works. Maybe
someone else can help out with greater detail.

wrote:
And why would this vertical be quieter than any other vertical?
Seems to me you can't fight physics.

Even in a quiet spot, a whip plus fet amp will be noisier than a
magnetic loop due to the nature of the noise sources.

wrote:
Actually, I find the H-800 to be astoundingly quiet. It's so
small and so easy to situate in a quiet spot. And once it's
situated, it's as quiet as its location.

Well, it's a small voltage field antenna that you can locate away from
noise sources outside a building is about all it has going for it from
the conceptual standpoint. From a circuit design viewpoint it must have
a well designed low noise amplifier. The reviews indicate it is a good
performance active antenna but it does pick up local noise sources so
the antennas location must be a quite one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California