Old September 25th 03, 02:16 AM
Dave Shrader

Gene Nygaard wrote:

[SNIP]

Apparently you are claiming that pounds are not units of mass.

Where did you learn that?

Well, I learned that a Pound is a unit of Force.
Well, I learned that a Slug [pound mass] is Pound*acceleration.
Well, I learned that mass is pound*sec^2/foot.

Where did I learn this? What's my source? Physics 101, University
Physics, Sears and Zemansky, Addison-Wesley Publishing, 1956, Chapter 6,
page 94.

I hope tou don't need another reference?

Now, what's your real problem? What are you trying to say?

Dave, W1MCE

Being the skeptic that I am, how can I convince myself that that is
true? Is there some textbook, or something from some national
standards agency, that would help me verify this?

Gene Nygaard