Old July 4th 03, 06:14 PM
Steve Dakin

Hello,
I have 3 telescopes. Two of them are home built Dobsonians.
One of the Dobsonians is a sun telescope that I ground the mirror
for myself. I learned how to do this in a class taught by John
Dobson
himself. They are great fun when the propagation is not so good.

73

Steve WQ5N

"Thierry" wrote in message
FYI.
Hi,

Many OM and YL appreciate to look at the dark sky too, doing

visual
observations or practicing astrophotography.
In the course of the past months I have gathered some callsigns of

hams who
own a telescope, have built various radioastronomy instruments or

who can
easily access to a large public observatory (i.e. to get the

information you
need if the case arises). Here they are :
AF9Y, K6ALF, KC0ODY, KD6QLG, N1IRZ, WD4HIM, VK2THN, F1PVM, ON4EU

as
well as
your devoted LX3SKY, hi !

If you are ham and very involved in astronomy, I would like to

complete my
list in receiving your callsign by email. One or another day we

could be in
QSO on the air or via Echolink. I think that these QSO, whatever

their
technical level, will interest many hams and listeners too...

Best 73 (or Have a dark sky...) !

Thierry, LX3SKY
Echolink node 2273
Astro http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry