Old February 7th 06, 11:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The end?

I think SW will be here for a long time to come but you are correct in
that major broadcasters are moving away from SW to the 'net but I
suspect with the beeb this is more to do with funding than common
sense. The beeb is a shadow of it's former self. It went down hill with
the appointment of John Birt and as far as the world service goes has
they are still rolling downhill fast....
On the bright side I think we'll still have good broadcasting on SW for
years to come.
Alan