Old February 7th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default The end?

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:30:48 +1030, adam214
wrote:

Do you think that SW will become irrelevant and just a platform for
political extremists and fundies?.Because as the good services such as
bbc world service roll back there service, these people i mentioned are
intensifying there efforts and i increasingly hear these people whilst
looking around.Because these good services i mentioned are increasingly
are becoming Internet-centered.I hate to see this day come because SW is
a great medium,i enjoy the diversity of it which sometimes the Internet
cant even match.I would hate to see such a great medium to go to waste
on these idiots.I think this is the great threat to SW radio and its
future,if these people get a foothold in this medium it will give
government (im not just talking about china either) to jam SW signals
and restrict sales of SW radios, if it gets a reputation as a medium for
these people.

DISCUSS!

Yours truly
Adam

SWBC is irrelevant in advanced civilizations. There are more user
friendly platforms that are much easier on the ears.