Old February 7th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Antenna analyzer- no MW?

instrument? No demand? Too exotic?
Does anyone know if the analyzer could be modified (add some
inductance, etc. somewhere) to bring it down to about 500kc? Thanks!

Another thing to think about: most of the analyzers around are pretty
much useless on low freqs anyway due to interference from AM broadcast
signals.

I recently finished shunt feeding my tower for 160m, and found that
my AEA CIA analyzer was completely useless trying to measure the feed
impedance. In the end I just used a regular swr meter to adjust the
shunt feed. I don't remember exactly how low the AEA goes, but it is
below 1.8 MHz.

Tor
N4OGW/5