Old February 7th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
not i

Default Boatanchors and estates: Ideas?

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:12:07 -0600, "Smokey"
wrote:

This isn't exactly a pleasant subject but I am interested if anyone has any
suggestions of organization that are interested in complete boatanchors
estates. I have contacted one organization which is very selective and I
believe if someone is generous enough to put in their will that they will
bequeeth their whole ham station to an organization there should at least
be a little enthusiasm on the part of the organization. Does anyone know of
any good causes to whom a person can donate his prized equipment, QSLs,
tools etc etc where it will be treasured and appreciated after I am gone?

Smokey

Please remove "nospam" from email address when replying directly.

I think this situation is somewhat similar to what I encountered a
couple of years ago. At my place of employment we upgraded several
programmable controllers. I called the local school to see if they
wanted the older, (but not quite obsolete) equipment for their
technical program. THeir reply stated Yes , but we will expect you
to supply service and support for this equipment.
Needless to say it was the dumpster for that stuff.