Old September 25th 03, 02:24 AM
Dave Shrader

I lived and operated HF for 38 years within 100 meters of 3 sets of HV
lines from 66KV to 110KV on the New England Power Grid in Danvers,
Massachusetts, 01923, 10 Bow Street. My next door neighbor was the Right
of Way. My 80/75 meter doublet was parallel to the lines [maximum
coupling] and noise was a non issue. I looked out the window and Voila!
Power Lines!!

In 38 years of HF operation the only problem was one cracked insulator,
corona, that was promptly replaced by NE Electric.

Moral, considering the negative response, noise is not a problem on
maintained lines!

Deacon Dave, W1MCE
+ + +

Donnie wrote:

Have a new ham that his property is backed up to a high voltage power line right of way, He is
thinking about installing a tower in the yard but is wondering what effect or line noise would be
present with the tower in line of sight to the power lines. comments welcome..

Donnie (N4JZH)

''Behold how good and well brethren dwell together in unity''