Old February 7th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default The end?

"adam214" wrote in message
Do you think that SW will become irrelevant and just a platform for
political extremists and fundies?.Because as the good services such as
bbc world service roll back there service, these people i mentioned are
intensifying there efforts and i increasingly hear these people whilst
looking around.Because these good services i mentioned are increasingly
are becoming Internet-centered.I hate to see this day come because SW is
a great medium,i enjoy the diversity of it which sometimes the Internet
cant even match.I would hate to see such a great medium to go to waste
on these idiots.I think this is the great threat to SW radio and its
future,if these people get a foothold in this medium it will give
government (im not just talking about china either) to jam SW signals
and restrict sales of SW radios, if it gets a reputation as a medium for
these people.

DISCUSS!

Yours truly
Adam

Don't get upset with the evangalists and political talkers. These guys are
on SW because they want to broadcast on SW. If SW is becoming "irrelevant",
it's because the "good services" don't think SW broadcasting is worth the
money.

And the medium will not go to waste. It will be used by those who want to
use it. Sure, those who want to use SW might be end timers and
conspiranoics. So what? The medium will be there for ANYONE who wants to
use it. Time on the US SW broadcasters is available. If you wanted to, you
could broadcast your own recordings on SW radio.

And I really doubt a foriegn country would bother jamming the likes of
Brother Stair and Alex Jones. I'm sure they have practically no listeners
in non-English speaking countries.

The "idiots", as you characterize them, are doing no harm to SW radio.
You're free to ignore them, and there's no need to waste any anger on them.
If you want to be upset with any SW broadcasters, think about those who are
abandoning the media.

Frank Dresser