Old February 8th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Par Electronics EF-SWL Antenna

David wrote:

On 7 Feb 2006 17:02:28 -0800, "junius" wrote:

Hello folks,

I have a question here... I recently bought one of these excellent Par
Electronic EF-SWL antennas.

As the supplied radiator can be disconnected and another wire be hooked
onto the 9:1 transformer, I was thinking to give a go at hooking up a
150 foot length of wire that I have on hand. My question is this: in
hooking up an alternate wire to the transformer, would the antenna lose
its characteristics as a 1-30 MHz antenna? Would an antenna tuner then
be required?

Very curious for info on this. I'm afraid I don't know too terribly
much about antenna theory.

Thanks in advance for any help provided,

Junius

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0562.html

Far to expensive for what it does (and doesn't).

Stick with the wire.

And for what it's worth, it's best to avoid products by RF Systems.

dxAce
Michigan
USA