Old September 25th 03, 03:28 AM
Alan

Talked to the lawyer (an ARRL Volunteer Counsel) today. He said nobody
had ever asked the question before, but, without doing $1000 worth of
research (which still would provide no definitive answer), he was of
the opinion that in this context "structure" refers only to buildings,
as it usually does. Else even fences would be prohibited too, as well
as basketball hoops.

-=-
Alan AB2OS

Alan Beagley wrote in message ...
I am still waiting for the lawyer to review the CC&Rs for the property
we are hoping to buy, but in the meantime . . .

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience whether a tower is a
"structure," as the term is used in CC&Rs? -- e.g., "No structure may
be erected on any of the lots except for a single-family dwelling . . .
[then come the size limitations}. No more than one outbuilding may be
erected on any lot . . . [then come the size limitations}."

The context suggests that "structure" means "building," but if it
includes towers, then would it not also include the set-in-concrete
basketball hoops that abound in the subdivision? Not to mention the
amateur radio tower that is already there on another lot -- but I want
to make sure that the owner isn't simply "getting away with it" because
he has nice neighbors, whereas we might turn out to have not-so-nice ones.