Old February 8th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Bob Bob

Default SWR VS Power Output

Hi Lee

I'd suggest its a non linear frequency response of the devices (diodes?)
that are used in the SWR measurement circuit.. At the higher freq you
also get the other variable of a higher sense voltage for the same Po.
(larger fraction of a wavelength)

And depending on your configuration what you read as SWR will vary
depending where you are on the feeldine. No doubt others that know all
the theory on this will jump in and comment on this.

Do you know if the balun really is leaving the feedline current balanced?

ie quite a few variables to contend with.

If you really want to find the reason I would suggest using a resistive
load for an experiment. I'd suggest that the behaviour would change..

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

lkokot wrote:
I have noticed a strange phenomenon when tuning up on different bands.