Old February 8th 06, 04:34 PM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk
Hi
I am new to shortwave, when I do a search through the bands all I get is
foreign language stations, therefore I have no idea as to what or who I am
listening to.
Can anyone suggest times and bands where I am likely to find english
speaking programs and stations please.
I am in the UK, on GMT
thanks
Rikk
Hi Rikk:

Schedules of english-language broadcasts are available on www.primetimeshortwave.com . Also you should learn what the broadcast bands are, as those are the frequency ranges where broadcasts can be found. This makes scanning easier. Check out this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shortwave

and scroll down to ITU Frequency Allocation.

Also feel free to ask any other questions if you need more help.
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/