Old February 8th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

Default 3Y0X

Ron wrote:
Are you sure this wasn't a lid ? I didn't think they were going to get
set up for about another 3 days.

On 17 they're peaking the right direction.

http://www.peterone.com/updates.htm says they're on the island and
expected to be on the air as of 0400 UTC today. (i.e. last night USA
time) There's no further news but I'm sure updating the website is
pretty low on their priority list right nowgrin!

On a very vaguely related subject...

I note in the last hour, three different 3Y calls have been spotted on
DX Summit... Either someone out there isn't paying attention, or there
are in fact a couple of "Slims" out there. To be honest I suspect the
former...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66