Old February 9th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Straydog

Default FA: Johnson Viking Navigator CW transmitter

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Doug wrote:

$1185?????
And it's not even in mint condx!

Dream on.

Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be a hobby.

Greed hath no limits...

Doug

I agree. I've watched these auctions for a few items. I guess there are
people out there with money coming out of their ears and don't care what a
fair price is and get "the fever" that they _have to_ have the thing.

Or, the shill system is the new way to make money.

All this made me make the decision to just go totally for building all
homebrew gear, in my present retirement, for my station for the future.
And, if I don't like the price at the hamfest, I'll just pass the stuff
by.