Old February 9th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Bob Bob

Default SWR VS Power Output

Hi Lee

Well the first thing is to pull the tuner out and try;

rig - swr meter - dummy load

Assuming you have the meter as a separate entity. This will verify the
dummy load. If not at least check its resistance with an ohm meter. Not
a perfect check but if its open you know there is a problem there as
well! Your test against the load then antenna though implies the antenna
is close to perfect without the tuner!

I'd suggest though that the tuner has a major problem that needs a look.
Why not open it and have a poke around? Bypass mode should be a direct
connection to the output but I'll admit I dont know the model. Is it a
coaxial antenna connection thing or open wire feeder? You could argue
that anything that detunes a almost perfect match to a dummy load
implies it is broken!

What are the specs/power handling of the tuner?

Bob VK2YQA (getting use to the accents in East Texas)

Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
Tried as you suggested the dummy load.