Old February 9th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default LF Engineering H-800 Antenna - Again

There are quite a few DIY projects on building active whips. They are
quite simple, though some people freak out when it comes to inductors.

Even more compact than an amplified whip would be something like the
Quantom ferrite loops. They are not as quite as a large aperture
antenna like the wellbrook, but they are quite good for something you
can put on a desktop.

http://www.dxtools.com/
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/dow...mz2006W-15.pdf
http://www.palomar-engineers.com/Loo...p_antenna.html

The only one I've seen used first hand is the Quantum. The null is
decent.

DeWayne wrote:
I live in a townhouse. My best antenna is my rain gutter. I was not familiar
with the H-800 until the recent thread. My location is somewhat noisy. Is it
reasonable to assume that I would be able to find a fairly quiet location
inside my home for the H-800 since it is so compact and could easily be
moved around my home to find a possible quiet location? I would like to try
one on my Icom R75 but the antenna is not cheap. I don't think dealers
normally accept returns on antennas.