Old February 9th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
-=H=-

Default FA: Johnson Viking Navigator CW transmitter

Those little crystal-controlled Novice rigs are a ball to use,
aren't they? If you aren't lucky enough to have some crystals,
a good rig to look for is the Knight T-150 otr T-150A. It has
a pair of 6146's in the PA, built-in VFO, CW and AM, 80m - 6m.
You can buy a nice one off eBay for $100 - $125.

I'm not sure why anyone other than a collector would spend that
much on a Navigator. Why not just buy a Ranger for $250 or so?

73,
Dean K5DH

In article , says...

That's buy it now price (if your really nuts) - bid is only $280 - it's
worth about $800

It's in pretty good shape - most worn units have the PLATE - GRID letter
ing
below the meter partially worn off.

Pretty expensive for a CW ONLY xmitr - Consider that J Viking only made
800
of these and they never did sell very many of them.

A better rig would be the Drake 2NT, Heath DX-60B or a even a KNIGHT T-6
0
xmitr - No built in VFO but XTALS are kinda fun and they are pretty chea
even on eBay.

- Biz WDØHCO

$1185?????
And it's not even in mint condx!

Dream on.

Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be a hobby.

Greed hath no limits...

Doug