Old February 10th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
J. Mc Laughlin

Default 3Y0X

The QRM on 40 CW was significant. A continuous carrier exactly on frequency
that was not too strong, but fatiguing. A very strong carrier that would
pop on at random. The latter caused me not to be sure of a contact at about
0200. I admit coming back two or three hours latter for a certain contact -
well, I never did hear the 3Y's call sign ...

I can not make sense out of the calling when 3Y was working. It could
be that many who do not work CW or do not have break-in called for a few
minutes and then listened to see if 3Y was waiting for them. Sure filled up
the band.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
Ron wrote:
Are you sure this wasn't a lid ? I didn't think they were going to get
set up for about another 3 days.

On 17 they're peaking the right direction.

http://www.peterone.com/updates.htm says they're on the island and
expected to be on the air as of 0400 UTC today. (i.e. last night USA
time) There's no further news but I'm sure updating the website is
pretty low on their priority list right nowgrin!

On a very vaguely related subject...

I note in the last hour, three different 3Y calls have been spotted on
DX Summit... Either someone out there isn't paying attention, or there
are in fact a couple of "Slims" out there. To be honest I suspect the
former...
--
Doug Smith W9WI