Old February 10th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default UK TV Detector Vans and Scanners

Metinks there would be one heck of a big uproar in U.S.A.if fed govt
started requiring us to have to pay for a license each year to own and
watch our tv sets.I got my DirecTV bill statement in my snail mail a few
days ago.$49.21 for last month's tv bill.I dont know exactly how many tv
channels I get,but I think it is over 160 tv channels.I could get
many,many more tv channels via satellite tv or cable tv or both for more
and more money,but I figure I am paying more than enough money each
month to watch the few tv channels I like for old,old movies on tv.In
about three years the F.C.C.will mandate that all tv broadcasters in
U.S.A.must switch over from Analog tv broadcasting to HDTV tv
broadcasting.fed govt will subdicize (fed govt will have to help,it will
still come out of our taxes though) Analog to HDTV conveter boxes to the
tune of about one point seven billion dollars so that the people who can
not afford to buy new HDTV tv sets can watch HDTV on their Analog tv
sets. www.directv.com www.tvpredictions.com www.zap2it.com
www.tvguide.com www.tv.yahoo.com www.mythtv.com www.google.com
Watch free tv on your computer
Hallup,I am being Ripped Off! All that money I pay and I dont get the
Western tv channel,I could get it,but I would have to pay too money just
to get that Western channel.
cuhulin