Old February 11th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave

Default Coax Connector Question

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna, you wrote:

Dumb question, I know, but just can't find a good pix and callout on
the web. Some of the ones I did find don't even agree.
For a length of coax with a connector on each end:
The Male UHF is PL-259 let's say.
But on the other end, for a Female of the same connector type/series,
is it called a:

PL-258 ?
or just a PL259 Female ?
or... ?

What's the correct designation for the Female ?

Your gonna love this.

It's an SO-239.

Of course, there's the chassis mount, the cable attach, the
female-to-female feed-through, and more varieties.

Standards ARE GREAT!
And, there are sooooo many to choose from!

Anyway, it's "SO" for SOcket, and "PL" for PLug.
The PL-255 is the ol' venerable 1/4", mono audio plug.

the PL-258 is really two SO-239's back to back... go figger!