Old February 11th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K7ITM

Default Coax Connector Question

How about "17-26B-TGN from RFDigital.com"? UHF cable-mount females are
relatively rare, but can be found. Probably best to call them by a
descriptive name, such as "UHF-series male connector for RG-213-size
cable" for the plug -- or substitute "plug" for "male connector" -- and
"female connector" or "socket" if that's what you want. If you really
want to be specific, use a vendor's part numbers (as in the first line
above), or numbers from some other standard you can mention along with
the number.

But for casual conversation,
"A 30 meter length of RG-213 with a UHF plug on one end and a UHF
socket on the other." If someone told me they had a cable with a UHF
connector on each end, I'd assume they were both plugs.