Old February 11th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default voice of korea recording 6285Khz

VOK is certainly not in the league of Radio Australia or New Zealand.
However, those signals may be beamed to North America.

running dogg wrote:
wrote:

Some ungoldly time, like a bit before 3am PST on 2/10/2006. Too much
coffee. ;-)

You heard the tx to Central America at 1000 UTC, apparently (I looked it
up in Passport). Why the North Koreans are broadcasting English to
Central America in the middle of the night is anyone's guess. 1000
UTC is a great time to pick up Asian stations on the west coast. I'm
surprised it was so weak. I believe that NK has a tx to NAm at 1500 UTC.
Apparently all the happy workers are up bright and early in the worker's
paradise for the greater glory of Kim Jong Il. hehe I suppose that NK
is raring to test that song out by blowing away the South, then taking
over and "unifying" what's left.

frank halaburak wrote:
a écrit dans le message de news:
ar7030 wellbrook ala100 withthe 4khz stock filter. SF bay area.
Signal was fading in and out between s6 to s9. .

wrote:
What receiver and antenna and location were you using? Just curious.

wrote:
http://www.lazygranch.com/sound/temp...fkorea6285.wav
A bit of clipping in the recording. Lots of propaganda, including some
song about how the unity of Korea is more powerful than a nuclear bomb.
Uh, yeah.

Hi, Thanks for posting that. What date and time ? 73, Frank