Old February 11th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default voice of korea recording 6285Khz

wrote:

VOK is certainly not in the league of Radio Australia or New Zealand.
However, those signals may be beamed to North America.

Key difference: North America is not the TARGET AREA of Oz/NZ
broadcasts. They target Asia and the South Pacific. The nature of SW is
such that they can be heard in NAm, but the target area is far south of
LA. The broadcasts by NK that are targeted to North and Central America
air in the very early morning in the target area. To my knowledge, they
do not broadcast to NAm during our prime time, about 5-11 pm local time.
Most stations that broadcast to NAm have a prime time slot, but not the
North Koreans. NK broadcasts to NAm in the early morning-6am on the west
coast, 9am on the east coast (if the signals reach that far). Most SW
listeners in NAm don't sit down and listen in the morning, which is why
it's not prime time. I suppose that in Kim Jong Il's hermit kingdom that
all workers are properly indoctrinated in the morning before work, which
is why they target us at such an odd time.

running dogg wrote:
wrote:

Some ungoldly time, like a bit before 3am PST on 2/10/2006. Too much
coffee. ;-)

You heard the tx to Central America at 1000 UTC, apparently (I looked it
up in Passport). Why the North Koreans are broadcasting English to
Central America in the middle of the night is anyone's guess. 1000
UTC is a great time to pick up Asian stations on the west coast. I'm
surprised it was so weak. I believe that NK has a tx to NAm at 1500 UTC.
Apparently all the happy workers are up bright and early in the worker's
paradise for the greater glory of Kim Jong Il. hehe I suppose that NK
is raring to test that song out by blowing away the South, then taking
over and "unifying" what's left.

frank halaburak wrote:
a écrit dans le message de news:
ar7030 wellbrook ala100 withthe 4khz stock filter. SF bay area.
Signal was fading in and out between s6 to s9. .

wrote:
What receiver and antenna and location were you using? Just curious.

wrote:
http://www.lazygranch.com/sound/temp...fkorea6285.wav
A bit of clipping in the recording. Lots of propaganda, including some
song about how the unity of Korea is more powerful than a nuclear bomb.
Uh, yeah.

Hi, Thanks for posting that. What date and time ? 73, Frank