Old February 11th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mr Fed UP

Default Anti-oxidant grease question

Ok thanks. That looks affordable then. With out prices its hard to tell
these days.
I have an ol AR-10 Ringo that I used back in the 90's for 10 m DXCC and has
been in storage for several years. I think putting some compound on the
joints
may make it work as new again. I been delaying this task so I could get it
up and have it work right the first time.

Thanks 73 K4TWO Gary

"John, N9JG" wrote in message
I did buy a can of the stuff from them, but note that a can will last a
lifetime for you and ten of your friends. Just fill out the order on the
web page, and one of their sales persons will phone you and give you the
price. If you don't like the price, you don't have to complete the order.
As I recall, it may have been about $25 for quantity one. The call back and
the shipment were both done promptly.

"Mr Fed UP" wrote in message
.. .
Well that figures.... just like so many on line places to buy things they
have everything there but the PRICE!!!
They expect me to return or fart around trying to get some one to put a
price on everything I want to buy?

"John, N9JG" wrote in message
Another product that works very well is Lawson 59933 Copper Anti-Seize
Anti-Corrosion Compound
http://webapp.lawsonproducts.com/web...?itemNum=59933
This is the same product that comes with a Butternut vertical antenna.
It consists of a synthetic grease base, copper, thickener, and rust
inhibitor. It can withstand temperature ranges from -65°F to 1800°F,
which should be adequate for most ham applications.

John, N9JG

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
I am a big fan of Penetrox-A. It is sold in a small squeeze-bottle that
is
just right for most tasks. It is also a good anti-galling material to
use
when screwing SS to anything.