Old February 11th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Homer.Simpson

Default Sheraton Hotel Security frequencies

said
461.15000 466.15000 WPSH615 RM 346 DPL
Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel - Housekeeping FM
---

What does that mean? Which frequency are they using, 461.15000
or 466.15000 or both? Also, what is the "RM" type? Lastly, what
is "tone" of 346 DPL?!

Probably both frequencies.

I'm unsure about the RM.

DPL is Digital Private Line:
It's a way for multiple user-groups to use the same frequency but
not hear each others conversation. It's an inaudible signal
transmitted "on" the main transmission. It informs the radio which
group the transmission is targeted for. Example: Police and Fire
can use the same frequency but mask-out each others conversions.

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/...ser.html#SEC09

My PRO-97 has the following modes: AM, FM, CT/CTCSS, DC/DCS,
ED/EDACS, MO/MOTOROLA, and LT/LTR but no "RM" or "DPL" modes. I
am very confused and hence *my* mode is "SOS" :-(

Besides, the mode used by the hotel is "FM" so what is all this
RM and DPL all about?!?!

I'd program both 461.15000 and 466.15000 into your radio.
Set both to FM, and ignore the DPL stuff.

I love scanning too, but I will love it more once these things
become clearer in my head.

It takes a bit of time, that's for sure. ;-D

Here's some links:
http://www.strongsignals.net/index.cgi
http://www.radioreference.com/
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/

Also do you have some programming software? I don't have a Pro-97
but I use this to support a friends scanner.
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win97/default.asp

Thanks for any pointers,

Keep asking. There is a wealth of info in this group.

Regards,