Old July 19th 03, 10:08 PM
Jackie

"helmsman" wrote in message

Fear not, Colt is the great equalizer! Be a big girl and use your rights.

Get a CCW permit.

Nah, thanks. As far as self-protection goes, I took many years of martial
arts training, and am not afraid to go where and when I want to (within
reason, of course).

The state I live in just passed a conceal and carry law. Now, many people
are pushing for its repeal, and most businesses have effectively banned
anyone from carrying weapons on premises anyway... all they have to do is
put up a big sign (in certain typeface, and which conforms to a particular
size in square inches) that says "Guns are banned in these premises", and no
one with guns can enter. After the C&C law was passed, many businesses
quickly rushed to have the signs printed up and displayed prominently by
their points of entrance.

After he took an early retirement from ironworking due to a back injury, my
dad became a gunsmith. As kids, my younger brother and I understood that
any guns which were in the house were not to be touched or even breathed
near, and they were always locked away in safes. Both of us had to take
firearm safety training as teenagers, but I never got interested in hunting
or sport shooting.

Jackie