Old February 13th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dansawyeror

Default diff in coils between c_poise and vertload ??

Frank,

I am stuck with the GH descriptor. Do you have a tool that can generate a
description of a coil 250x250 mm with 22 turns of 12 mm tubing?

Is it as simple as doing the division and filling in the entries?

Thanks - Dan

Frank wrote:
"GH" should do it Dan. I also did a Mathcad analysis based on Terman. If
you have Mathcad I can send it to you. One thing I should do is compare NEC
with Terman.

Frank

"dansawyeror" wrote in message
. ..

I am using Reg's programs to calculate the Q and R of 'large'. These coils
are in the range of 220 mm in diameter and long.

There seems to be a difference in the coil simulation between Vertload and
c_poise. In particular c_poise seems more sensitive to coil wire diameter
then vertload. Vertical load will create a coil with low R and a
relativily small wire diameter and pitch, 2 mm and .2 pitch (it does not
predict Q). C_poise requires a large wire diameter, 12 mm and a high
pitch, .8 to achieve similar R values.

Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something?

Is there a way to simulate Q and R for these coils with nec?? How would
one create an nec representation for a coil?

Thanks - Dan - kb0qil