Old February 14th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default "Non-breakable" RCA radio ad ~1950s

wrote:

I also own a Zenith 500 radio and many other Zenith transistor radios
and Zenith tube type radios.I used to tote a little Hitachi transistor
radio in my shirt pocket when I was in Vietnam.I bought the radio at the
Scott Air Force Base,Illinois Exchange store before I went to ammo
school at Fort Knox,Kentucky and then to Vietnam.That Hitachi was a
great little radio too.Somebody cut into my duffle bag and stole that
little Hitachi radio and my Canon camera that I had bought at the
U.S.Commisary store in Cholon (Cholon,the Chinese section of Saigon) and
most of my photos I took with that camera in Vienam and some other
things of mine including a silk jacket with an embroided sign (I wont
tell y'all what the sign said) on the back of it that I had Saigon
Tailors make for me.I paid $11.00 for that jacket,I bet it is worth a
pretty penny nowdays.
cuhulin

I heard of a guy who lugged a transistor Transoceanic around during his
time in Nam.